Monday 19 November 2012

Guava and books.

So yesterday, I received an automated message from the National Library Board to return my books by 21/11/12 or face fines. (Yes, I signed up for it because I knew I'd forget to return my books, and lo and behold, I did!)
The books in concern are those that I borrowed six weeks ago -- yes, I renewed all three at the end of the three-week deadline, because I realised I had only touched one book, which is, surprise surprise, Dreams of a Dark Warrior! (the only one that has sexual content.)  - see post

not much I can say now, right?



I am ashamed to say, at the end of six weeks, the two other books remain untouched. I never did finish Dreams of a Dark Warrior because I kept skipping pages and skimming through the book to read the naughty parts (and I loved them, of course), but I couldn't really read through the whole thing. At least I managed to read the introduction of Heart of Darkness -- I'll get back to it one day.  
I didn't even open Flood [Stephen Baxter], much less read it... because I don't believe in reading multiple books at one time. (excuses, I know.) 



Soo, what did I do after I returned the three books? 

I walked back into the library, walked around, thought a little, and got Dreams of a Dark Warrior again.... (so, that makes it the third time I've borrowed it from the library...)
I wonder what goes on in my mind sometimes. I'm determined to finish it though, so I will, and I'll churn out another book review because I like to do that. 

Of course, I'll have to complete my book review of The Sheikh's Virgin Bride before that, and that one is giving me headaches... there's so much to write about, and so many little details to pick on. I think it's been a month or two, but I'm still only about halfway through. Since I also need quotes to prove my points/get you guys interested or something, I guess I'll have to relive the horror of reading it... oh dear... 

Hopefully it'll be complete by Wednesday [21/11], so I can finally start devouring Dreams of a Dark Warrior  (again) with pleasure and happiness. But if you know me well, I don't exactly have a reputation of meeting deadlines very gracefully... hahahah...


No comments:

Post a Comment